Monday, May 7, 2007

This Should Be Fun

Well typing up this blog should be interesting. Adia is very content in my lap so consequntly I am typing with one hand. Which unfortunately is my left hand. Ah, she decided to get down.
Our day has been so completely uneventful its not even funny. But we have good plans for the rest of the day. I want to make cookies today so I am thinking of running to the store in a bit to get eggs. And then, pof course, Adia will help me again making the cookies. After that we promised my husband we would bring him dinner tonight. Adia and I are thinking chicken, rice (With peppers and onions) brussel sprouts and carrots. I love cooking. Especially with foods other then the staples (grains, meat, etc.) Like if I am making rice I like to put some extras in it, like peppers, or corn or really whatever. Coz to me it seems like rice is like tofu. It takes on the flavor of whatever you are cooking it with.
Quick question... I've always been curious, even as a child, what is wrong with Richard Simmons. Is he gay or is he an alien or... WHAT???
Oh and I found some more websites on the topic of self sufficient living. It's more for my own research but I think it is so unbelievable interesting.
http://pages.prodigy.net/jmiller.cb/slv.html
http://wy.essortment.com/selfsufficient_rrcx.htm
http://www.karavans.com/a_offthegrid.html
Alot of people keep telling me that we can't afford to do this right now, including my husband. I completely understand that. But, NOW is the time to start saving for it, now is the time to do research on it, and maybe now is the time to start taking little baby steps to our ultimate goal.
I know that for my part I plan to work on my credit (getting some might be nice), save ALL the money I reasonably can and do as much research on the topic as I can. I don't know. I don't get passionate about much. But this is SO important to me. It seems like the smartest thing anybody can do. I feel like if I don't at least work towards this I will be a complete idiot. People don't just have passions and goals for no reason.

No comments: