Monday, May 14, 2007

My Mothers Day

It's Monday...
Mother's Day was nice. My husband got me a box of chocolates (like I need them), a package of pecan pinwheels (long story), a Yankees candle (vanilla lime), and a HUGE book of Sudoku games. My mother and father in law also got me a gift certificate to Aggie's (perfect lol, they know me so well). We spent most of the afternoon at my mothers. We had a barbecue and Adia spent the first half of the afternoon in the backyard trying to drink out of the garden fountain. The rest of the afternoon she spent chasing Kady Mae, Oliver (dogs) and Callie (the cool cat). I also got a wonderful phone call from my son, wishing me a Happy Mothers Day. That was very nice. Afterwards we went out for dinner with my in laws to the Weathervane. Nice little story:
If there is anyone who REALLY knows me they know that I am dripping with unluckiness. At the Weathervane they had one of those claw games where you direct the claw and try to pick up some stuffed animal or something. So I asked my husband if he had 50 cents so I could try to win something for Adia. He handed me about $2.00 worth of quarters and said "Don't come back until you win something." So, I grabbed Adia and we went over. I stuck 50 cents in and started moving the claw. I moved it to the front, and pushed the button to drop the claw, and picked up a pink and black fish!! I WON!!! On the first try!!! So, I went back to my husband and gave him the fish and Adia. I tried to give him back his money. He said "Now don't come back until you win me something." Didn't work so well this time.
I am making my mother in laws mac and cheese tonight. I know it's not going to turn out as good as hers, but I'm sure gonna try.
Ok. I wasn't going to say anything until I know, but a friend of mine said there is a good chance she can get us into an apartment. It's small, but we are all used to that. :) And the only thing else I am going to say is its CHEAP!!
Which reminds me: Adia's second birthday is coming up in about a month. She just learned how to get in and out of her crib, so her biggest need/want is a toddler bed.
And speaking of that, she just woke up, so goodbye!

No comments: