Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Pitfalls of Free Time

While Adia is napping I usually am online, looking up things of interest to me. Lately it has been personality types, and things like that. So, while doing that I found something called the Jung Typology Test, and I took it. Apparently I am a "protector guardian". Here is a couple links if you are curious about what that means
http://keirsey.com/personality/sjif.html
http://typelogic.com/isfj.html
I have to say I was a little surprised at first when I read the profiles. Then I thought about it, and it is a lot like me. I like to volunteer for a lot of things, be of as much help as possible. At home, instead of asking my husband to vacuum, even though I may have a butt load of things to do, I will do it myself, just because I "KNOW" he'll miss a spot. (Never mind that my husband and I have equal levels of neat freakness in us.) LOL, me: EVERY night before we put Adia to bed I have to put all her books in alphabetical order, then height. Same with toys. Her dolls all have their own little box and I get pretty annoyed with my husband if I find them in the regular toy box. Her musical instruments have their own shelves. Our dry food is arranged in types: veggies, pasta, rice, tomatoes, snacks... yeah... I need a life. I'm trying to get better with Adia though. I have o remember that she's a toddler and doesn't really understand order yet (though I am trying to teach her.) I think in other areas though that my having to have things done a certain way is a good thing, such as with teaching Adia. Strangely, my little girl does not like the alphabet song. I've tried singing different versions and she still gets, well... mad. So instead of teaching her the alphabet like that, every day we have a letter of the day. I show her what the letter looks like and have her trace it with her finger and then we write it on her chalkboard. Then we find books that start with the letter (say the letter of the day is P... we would read Pinocchio.), and after we read the books we find an animal who starts with the letter in her flashcards. Then if we go anywhere during the day I point out things that start with the letter. I know. I'm pretty pathetic, but it gives me something to do, and she learns in the process. Which reminds me we must start our Mothers Day Project. Exciting. :)
Ugh alright. I am gonna post this so the darling and I can go for a walk.

No comments: