Friday, May 4, 2007

Alrighty

Yay! I have a minute. Since I took the day off yesterday I had to do twice the housework today.
So I had the best conversation with my husband this morning. I personally have had a lot on my mind lately. I know I am only twenty four, but the way I look at it is if I don't start planning for my future and my daughters future we might never achieve our goals. I just recently realized how unsatisfied I am. My husband and I (miraculously) both have the same ultimate goal, as far as housing goes: we would like to have our own land and house. Here is an example of basically exactly what we would like to do: http://www.solarhaven.org/AchievingSelfSufficiency.htm
We would like to have our own animals (cows or goats - one or the other, chickens, and pigs for milk, and meat. We could also use the manure for gardening.), we would like to depend on rainwater and snow for our water - which is abundant in this area, we'd like to use solar panels, we would have our own garden to grow vegetables, and herbs. We would also like to forgo using a vehicle and instead depend on a bicycle. Although that would pose a problem concerning my son. We just aren't really sure how to go about this. Obviously research would be the first step, but money? It's so important to be responsible for the earth. God gave it to us and asked us to be good stewards of what He has given us. I am all for progress, but it seems like with all the gas, oil, and just all around nasty pollution we aren't progressing. We are killing the earth. I want to be able to make our own clothes. Proverbs 31 talks about the "perfect" wife. And I really want to be that. I think part of that is being self sufficient, That is such a big... want for me. I WANT TO BE SELF SUFFICIENT!!
We also talked about school for Adia. At first he was like "why are we talking about this." Then I mentioned that she's gonna be going into preschool next year. Our biggest desire is to homeschool her. And I honestly think that will be possible. I HOPE.

No comments: