Saturday, July 28, 2007

Um

A good friends brother in law was just killed in a motorcycle accident a couple of days ago. I'm not sure if she reads this, but if she does: We're praying for you guys and your families.

So, today, I fell asleep while I was putting Adia down for a nap. Then for some reason, I woke up. I went to the bathroom real quick and realized it was pouring. I went back out and looked around, because our apartment looked extremely dark, and then the thunder and lightning started. So, I opened the shades, because severe weather really interests me. Plus, I wanted to see how badly our street was flooding. I heard Adia stirring, so I turned around and told her everything was okay, and then I turned back around to see a tornado (YES, A TORNADO IN MAINE) ripping down my street. Apparently there was only one house and one business that was affected. The house is right across the street and I guess they had a tree fly through their roof, and my husbands gas station had some minor damage. So cool. (Not the damage, the fact that we had a tornado.) I've seen tornadoes before but NEVER that close. It's a lot different than seeing it from a distance. It's amazing.
I went yard sale-ing today with my friend and her son. I got a couple of paintings, a holly hobbit metal lunch box, a couple picture frames and a chinese print vase. Then we went to Reny's and I got a pie pan, sparklers and two decks of cards.
Here are some pictures I have taken in the past couple days.


Adia being super cute


Me being a... freak?


This picture and the rest of them are ones that were taken this afternoon.


This tree is in our buildings backyard.


It wasn't the tornado that did this.


It apparently got hit by lightning.


Ugh. I better stop for now. I need to go to bed. I have toddlers in the morning.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

hey, I do read your blog. Thanks for the prayers - we need them!