We had Adia's second birthday party on Sunday. I THINK it went well. Her and I were so frazzled though after it was all over. She was extremely over stimulated and didn't take a nap until 4:30 or so. (I made sure it was a short one.) I invited my son and my ex and all them, but they were unable to come. (Surprise?)
I can't wait until our computer gets back online! I have SOOOOO many pictures that I would love to post. Including last night: Adia and I had a little playdate with our friends Elijah and Deb. We went to the playground, came back and had dinner. After dinner I plopped a little Hoodsie's ice cream on Elijah's tray. He looked up at me like I was his hero. Then the kids took a bath together. (Blackmail pictures!) Afterwards they chased each other around my tiny apartment. Cute. Elijah has grown so much since he moved here! He's very smart.
We live in a large building that has a bunch of apartments. So, walking downstairs to go for a walk we run into a lot of people. Adia is a very personable child, so when she sees people she starts babbling. And they always say "Oh my! She'll be saying words before you know it!" What they don't know is at home she says complete sentences: "I want a drink.", "I made a poopoo.", "Is Daddya at work?" It confused me for awhile, because at home she and I can hold conversations, but everywhere else... I talked to my husband about it and we came to the conclusion that it is probably pure excitement that makes her babble.
On Saturday our town had its annual strawberry festival. I got to design and paint the photo booth. I think it came out okay, and Adia and I had our picture taken. Every one kept saying, "Oh, I didn't know you are an artist." I wanted to say, "I'm not. An artist is someone who can make a living doing that." It kind of bothers me when people say that.
Alright, I guess I am done posting for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment